a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect
a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect is a hijacker that rediect users to third party internet search providers and will compel you to utilize it by changing your browser settings. What’s more, when you are subject to use it, you will be misdirected and went to visit the websites you are not into. Furthermore, these locales might contain freeware or virus downloading links. In this way, we call a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect as a browser hijacker. If you need to know more about it, please continue reading this article.
a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect possesses its name with the capacity to direct the browsers. Regularly, Microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox and safari can’t have their own calls if a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect has got inside. What’s more, it will supplant the homepage and default web search engine as the initial steps, and then it starts its adventure to change the entire settings.
Initially, a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect ought to debilitate the entire security system for the sites so it could remove obstructions for the virus or malware which it has business association with. In addition, it will permit and even offer ads by adware some assistance so that they can surge on the screen, on your programs or on your browsers. Besides, it could likewise manufacture the searching results. As an outcome, your PC will be infected with various extraordinary items.
If you need to expel a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect from your PC, we recommend you some removal guides here. Since a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect could never be treated lightly, you ought to pay considerations in each procedure as the guides point out.
How to Manually Remove a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, a.akamaihd.net Search Redirect”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: