About Bing Search Redirect
When you first see Bing Search appearing on your web browser without permission, will you take it suspicious as you have no idea when you get it? If so, this article will prove that you are right. It is caused by adware which can do harms to the whole system, although it just infects the browsers first. We call it as a browser hijacker. As you know, nearly all your online activities will go through the browsers. If they are controlled, how dangerous your PC will be?
Bing Search Redirect related adware can manipulate your browsers and changing the settings to its suppose. Once they are changed, you should be careful of this item. Thus, how can you know they are infected immediately when it sets up? In fact, you should not worry about this because it will replace your homepage and searching engine first. And you will find these cannot be changed back. So you have no choice to use this searching page if you want to keep your browsers functioning as ever before.
To tackle this issue, the most ideal solution is to expel Bing Search Redirect related adware . As it is outlined by advanced software engineer, it is not simple to get it away from your PC. Thus, we here provide some removal guides to assist you..
How to Manually Remove Bing Search Redirect From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Bing Search Redirect related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Bing Search Redirect related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Bing Search Redirect or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Bing Search Redirect”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: