ActiveTrack App seems like a good app for you when you surf the Internet. However, researches have proved it as a advertising-based software. If you expect its ads can give you some favorable information about your shopping, you would be disappointed since the things it provides are usually fake. And when you realize that it is not the things you want, it is too late for you to solve rescue the state of your PC.
ActiveTrack App is usually a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and we also call it adware. ActiveTrack App appears on your PC by the bundle of the third party applications or some shareware you download. And in many times, it is able to install itself without consent. Therefore, users have not to give approval for this conduct, it can auto start. When it is here, it will pretend to be a browser extension or an add-on so that nobody can detect it.
ActiveTrack App will not only bother you with a great number of ads, but also, it is capable of stealing your information and data, including your privacy. It covers your accounts, passwords, your ID , your phone number, and even your signature and then ActiveTrack App will sale it to the hackers or criminals. And they can make a new bank card to pass all the security check for your credit card and them gets money from it. When you are informed to pay the bill, you have nowhere to appeal.
If you decide to remove ActiveTrack App right now, here are some removal guides and they will guide you to process it well.
What will ActiveTrack App do to malfunction the system?
- It installs malicious extensions to bring you spam ads, coupons, deals and fake alerts everywhere
- It overly consumes CPU to severely slows down your PC performance .
- It makes your search engine and homepage to be replaced by hijacker.
- It downloads various infections in the background.
- It exploits bugs of your system to help hacker get inside your computer remotely.
How to Manually Remove ActiveTrack App From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall ActiveTrack App related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on ActiveTrack App related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by ActiveTrack App or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, ActiveTrack App”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: