Ultra Search App
Ultra Search App can be classified as a potentially unwanted program (PUP) which is also known as an adware. As its name implies, it will fake as some commercial assistance when you are online, but it is not really true. Ultra Search App just detects your online information and make use of it to fabricate ads so that the ads appear to be attractive for you. When you are finally induced to click on the links attached, you are redirected to some wield sites. And in most of case, you will also bring in many freeware or shareware which will finally damage your PC.
Besides, Ultra Search App can spy on your PC without notice. When you are shopping, it detects shopping accounts and your purchasing data; when you are chatting with your friends, it can select the key words from the records; moreover, when you are searching or browsing, the records will be also useful for it. It will utilize this records in two ways: one is to make up ads so that you have more intend to click them, and the other is to directly get money from your bank accounts. Ultra Search App can do it easily with your accounts, passwords, phone numbers, or signification.
All in all, Ultra Search App makes no sense to keep such a malicious adware on your PC any more. If you want to get it deleted from your PC, you would better to refer to our assistance here because this adware is programmed delicately and it is not easy for people to remove Ultra Search App.
What will Ultra Search App do to damage the targeted computers?
- Your default homepage or search engine will be redirected to unwanted websites.
- Your system will run slowly and crash down randomly due to the infection.
- Lots of annoying ads caused by Ultra Search App will flood into every site you access.
- Your PC’ CPU always goes up high though you just run several programs.
- It causes harmful PC vulnerabilities to help more threats attack your PC.
- Crucial system files and registered keys will be corrupted randomly.
- It helps hackers to enter your PC and steal your personal privacy.
How to Manually Remove Ultra Search App From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Ultra Search App related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Ultra Search App related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Ultra Search App or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Ultra Search App”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: