“Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up
“Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up is an redirect infection and adware which are very dangerous to PC. As you know, it is possible to infect all kinds of browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari. It would not only misguide you with dazzling ads surging on your screen, but also steal your privacy directly from your online activities. If you some days see your image appearing on some suspicious sites or you have received some strange alerts from “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up, it is time that you should check up your computer conduction now.
“Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up causes various disturbing issues and the “coupons” it ensured is fake and misleading ads. Truth be told, when you are browsing or surfing web, a surge of exasperating advertisements overwhelm your browsers and gag out your web speed. Once in a while you will find the title of “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up ads engaging, because the adware spy on every move of your records and they send you the ads according to the topics from your browsing history.
Besides, you may have no idea when you have get “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up inside your PC and how does it turn in. It will fake itself well so that you can trace any of its course. In this case, it is helpless to try to prevent it from your PC since it will carry on every entry under the table. But you should learn to delete “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up. It is not a common software, so we will provide you with some crucial steps and please check.
Main symptoms of “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up infection:
1.It displays annoying ads and redirect pop-up every time you surf the Internet
2.It can change your homepage by altering your browser settings
3.It shows fake alerts on your screen to cheat you buy rogueware or scam tech service
4.It will redirect you to other dangerous websites containing severe threats
5.It may be used by virus maker to send more infections to you
6.It violates your privacy with help of Spyware which gets your sensitive information
7.It makes your computer speed become slowly and sometimes crash down your system
How to Manually Remove “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, “Update to the latest version of HD Video Player” Pop-up”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: