Research on SearchSystem Virus
SearchSystem is considered as an adware which you could not easily be detected since it shows up as a browser extension or add-on. You will never know if it is an adware or not since it is good at camouflaging as a functional application from system. And even you have some clues to be suspicious of it, there will be troubles when you decide to delete it, for it is delicately designed by its programmer. In this case, we will teach you how to figure out it and remove SearchSystem .
How can you distinguish if there is SearchSystem on your computer? Ordinary application cannot find it out since it is not a virus, and you could not count on them. SearchSystem is a qualified ads distributor, and it will use ads as a tool to make money from you. When you find ads suddenly becomes overwhelmed on your screen, you have reasons to suspect that there is an adware. And then, you should find in on your browsers plug-ins, banners, extension, and add-ons.
SearchSystem can also find the vulnerability on the security of your computer, especially when you are shopping and make payment online. It will monitor all your data and information and then steal money from your accounts. It is dangerous with this respect.
If I were you, I would immediately take actions to get SearchSystem removed from my computer. And as it is not a easy job for most of users, it would be better if you could check the guides as below.
Problems caused by SearchSystem
- Excessive of banner ads, text ads, and spam alert popups.
- Slow operation responding and sluggish system performance.
- Unpermitted change on homepage and search engine.
- Constant system crash due to overly use of CPU.
- Invasion of unknown and malicious programs.
- Identity theft due to hacker’ attack.
How to Manually Remove SearchSystem From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall SearchSystem related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on SearchSystem related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by SearchSystem or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, SearchSystem ”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: