What Is Any Search Manager Safari Redirect?
Any Search Manager Safari Redirect is a search engine that will mislead you to unknown sites. We would like to call it browser hijacker according to its functions that it could infect all kinds of browsers like microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer, mozilla firefox and even safari. And it will alter their setting and also the surface. What will Any Search Manager Safari Redirect do to harm your pc?
First, Any Search Manager Safari Redirect will appear as a fake search engine and it looks like a authentic one. When you use it, its surface and functions look normal while the results from it are false. And it will replace the list with fake links.
Second, Any Search Manager Safari Redirect starts to alter your setting, replacing your landing pages and changing your search engine with Any Search Manager Safari Redirect. Obviously, it will tempt every way to make you use the browsers as much as possible.
Third, Any Search Manager Safari Redirect is a product from malware which is well known as an ad support application. And it means that Any Search Manager Safari Redirect would help its maker to display and enable ads full of your screen. And these ads will cover a full range, such as text underlined ads, banner ads, coupon dropdown ads, pop-up ads and more. And they will indicate that your pc is out of security now.
In conclusion, Any Search Manager Safari Redirect will finally screw off your pc while could not continue working any more. It will finally disable your program and system. To solve it, you should get it away from your pc. Here is the guide:
The harmful impact of Any Search Manager Safari Redirect：
1. It can control your browsers through changing settings without any consent;
2. It will be used by malware to keep popping up scam alerts on your screen;
3. It may change firewall settings to lower down your system security;
4. It silently adds malicious add-ons and toolbars to your browsers;
5. It can inject Spyware on your browsers to collect your personal data for hacker;
6. It can be used to exploit bugs on your PC and open backdoor for remote attackers.
How to Manually Remove Any Search Manager Safari Redirect From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Any Search Manager Safari Redirect related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Any Search Manager Safari Redirect related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Any Search Manager Safari Redirect or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Any Search Manager Safari Redirect”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: