Data Handler Mac App
Data Handler Mac App is related with advertising-based plug-ins, extension, and add-ons that hijacks browsers, like Microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer, Mozilla Firefox and safari. In fact, Data Handler Mac App is a potentially unwanted program (pup). If you leave it alone here and do nothing to prevent its infection, you will lose your money as well as your system. From then on, you will live a miserable life.
Data Handler Mac App always comes inside with spam email. Its hacker will promote it with a title of bank bill to catch your attentions. When you surrender to open its attachment, you will activate its installment. You are not aware of anything about this. At that time, your browsers cannot detect it because it is not a virus. Therefore, even when it stays for long, you may have no consciousness about this.
Data Handler Mac App will display annoying ads everywhere, such as in the middle of your browsers as a popup, on the top of your programs, or in the banners. It can figure out every way to catch your attentions. And then, it brings in virus, adware, browser hijacker, or anything malicious. With all of them on your PC, the system is screwed to death. Besides, your personal information, especially the bank information is endangered.
If you don’t wan to be effected by this terrifying thing, please check the following guides which will help you to get rid of Data Handler Mac App smoothly. After that, you could repair your system with the common applications.
How to Manually Remove Data Handler Mac App From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Data Handler Mac App related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Data Handler Mac App related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Data Handler Mac App or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Data Handler Mac App”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: