What is “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus?
“Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus is a fraud virus alert originating from adware. Ordinarily, there are many sorts of ads. All of them will force you to finish reading their content or promotions and in this time, you could do nothing to your computer. “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus carries on the trick named tech support scam and it will not only ask you to accept its recommendation, but also pay for its service. And you have no choice but follow it.
How does “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus carry on the trick?
“Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus first will serve as a report about system blunder. It will likewise guide you to require the tech help from its specialist and guarantee you the best support. It will seem to stay faithful to its obligation so you are willing to pay for its work. However, you ought to know the system mistake is fault for the “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus. That is to say, it causes the issue but requires you to pay for the solution it provides. If you don’t call for their support, you couldn’t solve this problem by yourself.
What is the reason for “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus?
It is for money obviously. The objective of “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus is making benefits. It will charge you for the service fee, but it is not all. When it presents to solve the problems, it will also cause more harms so that it can continue this scams again and again. So it can make money more than you count.
If you want to avoid losing money, you should remove “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus at this moment. We will provide you with removal guides here.
How to Manually Remove “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, “Apple Warning Alert” Pop-up Safari Virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: