Yahoo Polarity app virus Description
Yahoo Polarity app virus is a high-risk hijacker infection which disguises as a legit search website to treat the users. If you visit Yahoo Polarity app virus, you will see a professional-looking search box, then you may take it as a authentic search website as Google or Bing. But the fact is that Yahoo Polarity app virus is a wolf in sheep’s clothing, and it will cause lots of problems in your computer. When you try to use it to search some information you want, you would find that it would never give the right results that you want, and you would always be redirected to some unwanted ads-pushing websites. Then, your PC’s security, especially the network security will be degenerated seriously, the network speed will be slower or the connection even will be disabled if the infection completely spread over the network environment. What’s worse, the cyber criminals behind Yahoo Polarity app virus will monitor your online activities to collect your confidential information such as banking details or credit card information, imperiling your privacy and personal interest. In order to protect your precious data and computer, you need to completely get rid of Yahoo Polarity app virus immediately.
How to Manually Remove Yahoo Polarity app virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Yahoo Polarity app virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Yahoo Polarity app virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Yahoo Polarity app virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Yahoo Polarity app virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: