Info Search Mac App Removal Guide
Info Search Mac App is an advertising-supported program. It’s confirmed that Info Search Mac App is only a troublemaker when users surf the web. Once installed, Info Search Mac App changes you browser settings and installs unwanted toolbar and extension to bring you tons of commercial ads informs of banner, coupons, price comparison ads, shopping suggestions and pop-ups, which not only slow Internet speed and cause browser death, but also redirect you to websites related with spams.
Info Search Mac App connects your browser with adware remote server, that means it can keep downloading other unwanted programs to cause other security risk. Hijacked associated with Info Search Mac App changes your browser settings to take over your homepage and search engine, spyware installed by Info Search Mac App use Java script codes to spy on your online browsing and collect your personal information and data, and some malware will be downloaded to charge you for lots of money. Leaving Info Search Mac App on your PC is very risky and you may suffer more security issues sooner or later, just get started to remove it now before things go worse.
How to Manually Remove Info Search Mac App From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Info Search Mac App related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Info Search Mac App related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Info Search Mac App or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Info Search Mac App”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: