Landslide Search Safari Redirect
Landslide Search Safari Redirect looks like a normal search engine, but in fact it performs as browser hijacker and always directs users to the website they don’t want. As a result, there will be lots of bugs happened on the system. Therefore, it is obvious that Landslide Search Safari Redirect is not a safe item. And after we check it on our websites, we found that this was a browser hijacker. It happens on your PC with the spam emails, porn websites, or freeware. When you once have them on your PC, you may get the browser hijacker inside. You needn’t give any authority, and all these happen without your consent. That is why you shouldn’t expect yourself capable of preventing itself coming.
Landslide Search Safari Redirect will control the browsers as its name implied. And it first changes the homepage so that users have no choice but frequently use it. As for most of users, they may have tried to change their original homepage back, but they fail and they resort to use it in the end. And in the urgent business, users may take no time to find out what is going on to save time, but then they suffer a lot and waste more time in the endless reverse web traffic. In the same time, they get all kinds of dangerous items in.
Nobody will keep Landslide Search Safari Redirect here still after they get conscious of its damaging. So we firmly recommend you to get rid of it. Here are removal guides for your references. Please check them.
How to Manually Remove Landslide Search Safari Redirect From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Landslide Search Safari Redirect related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Landslide Search Safari Redirect related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Landslide Search Safari Redirect or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Landslide Search Safari Redirect”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: