What is NationalSpecial Mac App?
Many malicious things hide on web browsers as plug-ins, banners, extension, and add-ons, and NationalSpecial Mac App is one of them. We classify it as a potentially unwanted program (PUP). If it once enters on your PC, it will soon cripple your system.
It is well known for its ad-supported function, which make the ads possible in numerous browsers, such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari. These ads can also invade the programs which require the internet. Therefore, you should keep an eye on its ads even since it got inside.
They are not just common ads, but the frauds made by NationalSpecial Mac App. It will cheat users with appealing titles. If you have this experience that you are redirected to the strange websites when you click on the content you want, you must have encountered ads by adware. Besides, these websites will display numerous malicious items on your PC as well. It is more dangerous than your expectation.
Here we will provide you with some removal instructions which serves as an assistance when you are removing NationalSpecial Mac App. So please refer to them.
How to Manually Remove NationalSpecial Mac App From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall NationalSpecial Mac App related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on NationalSpecial Mac App related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by NationalSpecial Mac App or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, NationalSpecial Mac App”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: