What is BasicSearchPlatform app?
BasicSearchPlatform app is another Potentially Unwanted Program which looks like a useful tool for users. At usual, BasicSearchPlatform app infects Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox through third party free software installer. If you download and install a program without reading all agreements and deselecting hidden options, BasicSearchPlatform app and other adware will be installed without your knowledge.
Some users regard BasicSearchPlatform app as a good app. But according research, our tech team find it BasicSearchPlatform app not only displays ads on e-shopping sites, but also on any other websites opened by users. Moreover, ads by BasicSearchPlatform app contain many malicious links that redirect users to spam websites that make people lose lots of money. are really intrusive and annoying,
Once BasicSearchPlatform app infiltrates your PC, you will find that you cannot surf the web normally at all, because BasicSearchPlatform app keeps generating ads everywhere, making webpages frozen or crashed due to overload of traffics. What’s worse, BasicSearchPlatform app can connect remote server to download more malware which degrade system performance an endanger your sensitive information. Therefore, we highly recommend you to get rid of BasicSearchPlatform app as quickly as you can. If you cannot figure a good way to remove it, you can use our easy removal instructions to complete the removal procedure. Just do it now, for your PC and privacy safety.
How to Manually Remove BasicSearchPlatform app From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall BasicSearchPlatform app related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on BasicSearchPlatform app related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by BasicSearchPlatform app or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, BasicSearchPlatform app”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: