About search.anysearchmanager.com Virus
search.anysearchmanager.com is a untrustworthy third party search engine provider which earns web traffics through redirecting the infected users when they surf the web. So far, free software is major way that the search.anysearchmanager.com hijacker spreads. Lots of PC users downloads freeware from third party file sharing websites and often install then with typical install, which make the users skip checking the hidden options that contain unwanted programs such as search.anysearchmanager.com. Therefore, when installing software, we should always use the advanced installation method that can give us an opportunity to cancel the installation of unwanted programs or disallow some unwanted changes, then we can avoid invasion of virus like search.anysearchmanager.com.
As soon as search.anysearchmanager.com gains access to your PC, it will immediately change your default browser settings on Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer. In consequence, your default homepage and search engine will be set as search.anysearchmanager.com without seeking your approval. No matter how many times you reset your favorite pages back, search.anysearchmanager.com is able to make changes again to force you to access its domain, which only displays sponsors search results if you do searching on it, and these sponsor links will take you to spam sites. Furthermore, search.anysearchmanager.com helps more ad-supported apps invade your PC from remote server, then your PC will run with terrible performance and your privacy will be at risk. Therefore, you need to get rid of search.anysearchmanager.com virus as quickly as possible, so as to protect your PC and privacy. If you are having difficult time on search.anysearchmanager.com removal, the clear removal steps below can assist you to complete the task with ease, continue reading it now:
How to Manually Remove search.anysearchmanager.com From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall search.anysearchmanager.com related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on search.anysearchmanager.com related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by search.anysearchmanager.com or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, search.anysearchmanager.com”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: