Analysis on Search by Becovi
Do you know what Search by Becovi it is? Users may get confused about it. But many of them may have seen the website of Search by Becovi popping up on the browsers without warning. When you saw it, you might become curious about where does your homepage go and how does it change without your consent. We will unveil it before you and please keep reading.
Search by Becovi belong to the big family of browser hijacker. Judged by its name, you should know that it has the power to hijack your browsers. They will cover Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari and it is impossible for any of them to get off from its hand. After it control your browsers, it could not only change your homepage but also alter all settings to its benefit.
Normally, Search by Becovi has close relationship with malicious items, such as virus, adware, spyware, or trojan. It can directly redirect the addresses which are taken up on your browsers so that it can make room for these items. On the contrast, adware or trojan will also help browser hijacker get inside the PC as well. That is to say, one of them get into your PC, the rest can take chance to follow. However, browser hijacker may be more dangerous because it is in charge of safeguarding the whole system as browsers is the door for your PC.
There is no doubt that you should get rid of Search by Becovi, but it would be easy as we know. So we prepare a specific guide for you, and we hope it could help you.
How to Manually Remove Search by Becovi From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Search by Becovi related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Search by Becovi related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Search by Becovi or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Search by Becovi”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: