Web Assist Search app
Many users must have already owned the necessary knowledge of adware. And they will know that it could display many kinds of ads on the PC, including banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text ads, video ads, sound ads, interstitial ads, etc.. And Web Assist Search app is among them. As a part of Adware and Hijacker, it comes here to assist its partner or affiliated websites to cheat your money. So you should never believe in what it sends to you.
Web Assist Search app is a totally scam, even though it would send you a piece of news about the problems on the PC. It will tell you that your PC is under attack by virus, and you should take care of this problems before things go bad. But what should know is that the virus may directly come from adware. So it brings about a problem and then describes it in front of the users. It sounds like a trick, and it is.
As you know, its maker has a close relationship with virus, why does it sell it out? It is for money clearly. The target of the popup is making advantages. it will charge you for the administration expense, but this is not all. when it presents to take care of the issues, it will likewise bring about more damages so it can proceed with this tricks over and over again. so it can profit more than you expected.
If you need to abstain from losing money like this, you ought to remove it as of now. we will furnish you with guides here.
How to Manually Remove Web Assist Search app From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Web Assist Search app related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Web Assist Search app related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Web Assist Search app or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Web Assist Search app”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: