What is LookWebResults APP?
LookWebResults APP pretends to be an ordinary mindful program . On the off chance that you trust it, you will be disillusioned subsequent to adware mostly camouflages itself as shopping help, system defenders, or PC guiders which it is absolutely alternate extremes. LookWebResults APP is an adware and It’s the fundamental irritating thing and hazardous stuff covering up on your PC.
LookWebResults APP enters your PC without assent. It’s packed with the outsider application, and when you miss only one point of interest of establishment provision, you will consequently download and bring in LookWebResults APP.
Additionally, LookWebResults APP can likewise be brought by porn websites, spam email, freeware installer and fake software update links. For instance, when you are searching, some porn sites will appear on your programs, and on the off chance that you are interested to open the connections, you takes risk to have LookWebResults APP adware or infection on your PC. In some cases, a percentage of the sites you open will ring as you get a few SMS and a shopping center windows appearing demonstrates that you get an email. When you are click it and open the connection, the virus like LookWebResults APP was brought naturally on your programs as additional items. Fake software update links can likewise cheat you into the adware shows. With this techniques, it is impossible for you to protect your PC effectively.
Moreover, it can’t be simple for you to uproot LookWebResults APP. In this manner, we give you some removal guides here for you reference.
How to Manually Remove LookWebResults APP From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall LookWebResults APP related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on LookWebResults APP related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by LookWebResults APP or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, LookWebResults APP”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: