JSAgent.HTM is high-risk virus capable of weakening security system of your PC through reproducing itself and damaging your PC’s registry. It executes commands to run malicious tasks at the background as soon as it infiltrates your computer. JSAgent.HTM is disseminated via third party software free download websites and spam email. It will serious put your PC in a very dangerous situation if you do not get rid of it in time. Once JSAgent.HTM runs harmful Windows services on your PC, it is able to connect remote server and help other threats attack your computer and make bigger troubles. JSAgent.HTM is used to help spammers or spam advertisers get web traffic by injecting codes on web browser, harassing you with annoying ads and spam popups and redirects you to harmful sites. What’s worse, JSAgent.HTM can communicate with hackers to collect your personal and confidential data without your consent. If JSAgent.HTM stays on your PC too long, it also seriously blunts your PC’s operating speed and even make it crash frequently, degrading your PC completely. For safety of everything on your PC, get rid of JSAgent.HTM immediately with the clear removal guide below.
How to Manually Remove JSAgent.HTM From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall JSAgent.HTM related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on JSAgent.HTM related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by JSAgent.HTM or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, JSAgent.HTM”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: