What is PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker?
PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker is a unreliable third party search provider website which has been classified as web browser hijacker infection. Inexperienced PC users may take PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker as a useful or normal website due to its interface design, but the fact is that this search tool performs all of properties of a hijacker virus, which alters users web browser settings without permission, routes users to unwanted webpages, and causes other security issues on the infected PC. Invasion of PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker usually indicates that your PC has been infected with other threats like spyware, adware and roguware. Once PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker started to pop up at your browser startup screen, you need to check your system immediately and remove PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker and other viruses as quickly as possible, otherwise lots of system problems may occur soon.
PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker redirect virus is mainly distributed through freeware bundles. It’s common that most of advertisers has a partnership with file-sharing websites which provides free download or software. When you download and install a Media Player, Java Player, web browser update from some file-sharing website, you will usually get a Installer to finish the installation. Most of installer contains numerous programs in same package, thus when you install one program, it will install many unwanted programs at the same time and make change on your system settings, browser settings and Startup settings without permission if you do not read all details and check every step. This is the way that PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker changes your browser homepage silently. Therefore, when you install any software, you’d better choosing Custom Installation and check every step to deselect unwanted options, then you can avoid infections such as PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker hijacker.
What Risks Will PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker Bring to You?
PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker virus sets itself as your default homepage and even search engine and always hinders you to change it back. By hijacking your Microsoft Edge, Chrome, Firefox, IE and other web browsers, PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker can connect remote server to install more PUPs or rogue software that cause big damages to entire system. If you leave PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker virus and related malware on your system, you may be disturb by tons of ads may be related with scam, you may be redirected to spam webpages that cheat you on money, your online data can be collected without your knowledge, and your sensitive information may be stolen and shared with cyber criminal. PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker is definitely a threat to your PC, privacy and money, get started to remove it now with the removal steps below, before the situation gets worse.
How to Manually Remove PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, PLAYSEARCHNOW Safari Hijacker”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: