ElementaryOptimizer app is a rogue malware that causes lots of computer problems. ElementaryOptimizer app promises to help users optimize the system to run faster and get rid of potentially unwanted programs as well. However, ElementaryOptimizer app is not a trustworthy program. It is a rogue tool to capture what users are doing online and take every chance to mess up the system. This ElementaryOptimizer app can be promoted from many ways: 1) it can sneak into the system together with dubious free downloads. Music, files, games, applications etc. 2) fake programs update process can bring this ElementaryOptimizer app virus too. 3) random popups, banners, security alerts and also other annoying notifications are likely to contain malware like this ElementaryOptimizer app.
ElementaryOptimizer app sneaks into the system to make money from users. It enters into the system without asking permission. It poses great risks to your privacy security. ElementaryOptimizer app adds many rogue apps and also utilize the vulnerabilities to exploit the system. You need to get rid of ElementaryOptimizer app ASAP. If ElementaryOptimizer app stays on computer for long, more and more problems may occur:
- ElementaryOptimizer app causes high CPU usage and freezes the system from time to time.
- ElementaryOptimizer app results in many fake security alerts and scan results.
- ElementaryOptimizer app generates a bunch of rogue vulnerabilities.
- ElementaryOptimizer app slows down the PC performance severely.
- ElementaryOptimizer app helps hackers to steal important information from users.
- ElementaryOptimizer app installs many other malware without asking permission.
How to Manually Remove ElementaryOptimizer app From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall ElementaryOptimizer app related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on ElementaryOptimizer app related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by ElementaryOptimizer app or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, ElementaryOptimizer app”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: