EssentialOptimizer app is a nasty computer threat that should be removed completely. Once infected by EssentialOptimizer app, the targeted computer will be destroyed to poor condition. This EssentialOptimizer app is classified as a rogue program. The EssentialOptimizer app malware settles down deeply on the system, and it has its own registry entries. EssentialOptimizer app disguises to be a useful program. However, EssentialOptimizer app is not a trustworthy program, it will totally mess up the system settings. As a nasty malware, EssentialOptimizer app runs automatically once the system is launched. As long as it activates in the background, it can malfunction the system directly. EssentialOptimizer app generates lots of fake security alerts. This EssentialOptimizer app is supported by many nasty third-parties malware, if it begins to attack your computers, it is also a sign of other malware attacks. EssentialOptimizer app can promote browser hijacker, pop-up virus, adware and even trojan infecton. Those malware can activate themselves on the system. Day by day, the security prevent system will be severely weakened.
Usualy EssentialOptimizer app is promoted by many dubious websites. During online free downloads, EssentialOptimizer app can infiltrate into the system at the same time. EssentialOptimizer app installs into the system without asking any permission. Usually free application download is a main resources to promote EssentialOptimizer app. Other resources like online game playing, rogue email attachments, sponsored links and also random popups are able to spread EssentialOptimizer app malware. Once infected by EssentialOptimizer app, users are highly recommended to remove it completely ASAP. Or the innocent computers will be totally messed up.
How to Manually Remove EssentialOptimizer app From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall EssentialOptimizer app related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on EssentialOptimizer app related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by EssentialOptimizer app or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, EssentialOptimizer app”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: