Gsearch Mac Virus
Gsearch Mac Virus is one kind of adware and its main function is to produce ads and enable them surging on your screen. Whatever browsers you use, it can make its ways without obstacles, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Safari. Gsearch Mac Virus is able to delicate your browser protection functions and turn off your firewall so that you can not be aware of what happen to your computer. Sooner or later, your PC is screwed up and you lose money as well.
Gsearch Mac Virus can be used for fraud. It is able to steal your information when you are browsing or chatting. It detects the main topics on your online conducts, and then utilize it to make up ads or make a fake website with this information. Therefore, if you miss only a small trace of clues, you may lose tens of thousands of moneys.
For example, when you are finding some books in Internet, you will be caught by numerous ads by Gsearch Mac Virus about these books. Sometimes when you turn into the official stores, they are still here. So you will spontaneously take it as an ad from official stores, and click it. It will instruct you how to get the lowest prices for these books. When you finished all the steps, you pay this money, as well as lose your identities.
In this way, Gsearch Mac Virus is not only bothering you, but also stealing all your information. Obviously, you should get it away from your PC. Please take after the removal guides as soon as possible.
Gsearch Mac Virus Virus Harmful Properties:
1. It can enter your computer without any permission and without your knowledge.
2. It redirects you to malicious websites that contain more malware or viruses.
3. It offers nasty commercial ads which make you lose lots of money
4. It may get your system infected with others dangerous threats.
5. It can poor the computer performance and broke the system randomly.
6. It is able to collect crucial information about you and share them with cyber criminal
How to Manually Remove Gsearch Mac Virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Gsearch Mac Virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Gsearch Mac Virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Gsearch Mac Virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Gsearch Mac Virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: