About iossecure.techi Pop-up
iossecure.techi Pop-up is deceptive security alert used to swindle computer users into buying fake antivirus tool or expensive tech support from scam company. It can enter your computer through spam emails you receive and free download files such as software installer and torrent files. Once iossecure.techi Pop-up adware has been installed, it keeps preventing you from doing anything online. Whenever you open web browser, a window will pop up immediately to lock your screen, displaying warning about adware or other threats on your system and asking you to call a toll free number to get it fixed.
You should never trust the bogus message of iossecure.techi Pop-up and should not call the recommended toll free number, because it is no doubt a scam made by cyber criminal. The scammers behind iossecure.techi Pop-up will not solve any problem for you, instead they will get lots of money from you and cause more problems on your system. iossecure.techi Pop-up adware is connected with all kinds of infections, including backdoor trojan used to open remote access channel, spyware used to steal personal information, and malware used to corrupt your Mac and benefit the virus maker. If you do not want to suffer from more severe issues, you need to get rid of iossecure.techi Pop-up malware as quickly as you can. The removal guide below can help you delete iossecure.techi Pop-up completely if you have any problem on the removal process, read details:
How to Manually Remove iossecure.techi Pop-up From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall iossecure.techi Pop-up related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on iossecure.techi Pop-up related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by iossecure.techi Pop-up or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, iossecure.techi Pop-up”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: