OperativeField is a severely harmful computer virus that all users should remove immediately. The danger coefficient of this virus is defined as “Severe” since lots of computer infections can enter your system with help of OperativeField. In case your PC has been infected by it, some destructive activities will be executed to make your entire system a mess. By altering your Regstry, OperativeField make itself as a startup service, thus your computer will be damaged silently whenever you launch system. It can also modifies firewall settings and browser settings to slack up your system security, then infections stored on remote server and the remote hacker will have chances to get into your PC to ruin everything and cause big troubles to you.
Some security tools like Malwarebytes can detect and block malicious activities executed by OperativeField, but still get no solution to remove the virus completely, thus you have to be bear the annoying “malicious website blocked” alerts constantly and suffer from terrible web surfing experience. But the protection from malwarebytes is temporally since OperativeField is still doing all kinds of evil things on your system. It hijacks your web browser with unwanted sites, redirects you to spam pages related with online scam, displays insecure commercial ads to lure you to pay money, and slow down everything on your PC. The worst circumstance is that OperativeField will open backdoor for cyber criminal who aims to steal your crucial information such as email, phone number, social network accounts and online bank accounts, then you will sustain huge financial loss and other sever issues. Therefore, we recommend you to follow the removal steps below to get rid of OperativeField virus before things go worse:
How to Manually Remove OperativeField From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall OperativeField related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on OperativeField related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by OperativeField or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, OperativeField”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: