What is CommonBrowser?
CommonBrowser turns into being as an part of adware which displays annoying popups to promote coupons, deals, or anything related to the products you may be interested. So you will take it as a shopping assister and you are inclined to take advice from it. But this is just a potentially unwanted program (PUP). And it does what other adware does to confuse you to make a wrong decision. So don’t believe in it and keep reading this article to know it more.
What is the sign showing that your PC is infected with CommonBrowser?
CommonBrowser should be known for its ads, and these ads will show up everywhere once it gets on board. And then, you could easily know that there is a CommonBrowser here. And all of these ads will disclose to you about the websites it has relations with. They will turn you to the page and let you download the redundant freeware. In this way, it gets commission. But you should keep away from this information which indicates that you are infected by more dangers.
What is the damage caused by CommonBrowser?
Besides the annoying ads from CommonBrowser, you should bear its surveillance after it is here. Under such circumstances, you always have no choice because you don’t know what does it do to your PC at that moment. And it begins to get all the information useful for its scams and then grab the system bugs to destroy your PC. So you should protect your system before it begins this scam. Here we provide you some instructions to delete CommonBrowser. And please check them.
How to Manually Remove CommonBrowser From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall CommonBrowser related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on CommonBrowser related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by CommonBrowser or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, CommonBrowser”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: