Do You Know What Linkey Safari Hijacker Is?
Linkey Safari Hijacker is an advertisements-supported search engine website which completely acts as web browser hijacker virus. It alters your settings on Safari, IE, Chrome, Firefox or Edge browser without seeking approval from you and giving any notification. This is an common way that some third party search engine provider used to promote web ranking and increase visitors, all these search providers are considered as PC infection, including Linkey Safari Hijacker. Once you find that Linkey Safari Hijacker has been set as your homepage or search engine, you should be aware that malware related with the hijacker have infiltrated your system silently. In general, infections like Linkey Safari Hijacker can enter your system through freeware, porn website, fake software update, spam email attachment and torrent files provided by insecure file-sharing websites. The Linkey Safari Hijacker malware is loaded, you will have problem to browse the web normally since this hijacker can always redirect you to its domain and similar websites. Our research team has tested this Linkey Safari Hijacker search engine and confirmed that it can lead more PC threats to your PC and cause severe issues to you. Therefore, do not use it to search anything, and you need to get rid of it as quickly as possible, for your PC security and privacy’s safety.
What Security Problems Will Linkey Safari Hijacker Bring to You?
Once Linkey Safari Hijacker virus invades your system, it changes Registry to make it be a startup service, thus the malware and related threats can be loaded when you launch system. Linkey Safari Hijacker hides at the background and connects remote server when your Internet is connected, in this situation, it not only keep redirecting you to insecure websites, but also installs more malware and adware transferred from the server. On the infected browser, many ad-supported toolbar or extensions will be added without your knowledge. After that, you will notice the endless commercial ads appearing on almost each website, and random spam popup may reroute you to phishing sites trying to sell you expensive services. This is not enough, Linkey Safari Hijacker can be used to help cyber criminal collect your system data and some sensitive information by inserting codes on your web browser. After it gets your information, it shares with the hacker who will steal your money or scam you for money with online fraud. If you do not want the situation goes worse, you need to delete Linkey Safari Hijacker redirect virus right now.
How to Manually Remove Linkey Safari Hijacker From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Linkey Safari Hijacker related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Linkey Safari Hijacker related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Linkey Safari Hijacker or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Linkey Safari Hijacker”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: