What Is Infopicked.com?
Infopicked.com is known as a hijack infection embedded on web browser with help from potentially unwanted program (PUP), which will customarily blockade you with ads. These ads are not just for business reason. What’s more, they bear on traps, scams, or swindles on their links. So it won’t just give you inconvenience but it will fulfill colossal harms. Here we will offer you some help to prevent these ads from decimating your PC, both for windows and mac.
In any case, the ads by Infopicked.com will pass on you to the websites with bad reputation, which totally meets your requirements in the surface but the substance is nothing to with what it claims. Besides, this website may particularly contain virus or different kinds of noxious things. So when you open this links, your PC may have been infected. In addition, it can similarly interface you to download some freeware. These applications will cumulate to use up the resource of your PC. Thus, it could annihilate your PC.
Besides, Infopicked.com can take control over your browsers, whatever browsers you use, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari. When all is done, it is catching your browsers once it arrives. So it has eyes over everything going on these websites.
It is common that innocent users have no spot to look for exhortation in the circumstance, so our group has made some removal guides here which will help you to eliminate Infopicked.com orderly. So please follow them and get rid of it as soon as possible.
How to Manually Remove Infopicked.com From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Infopicked.com related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Infopicked.com related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Infopicked.com or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Infopicked.com”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: