About FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO Virus
FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO is a untrustworthy third party search engine provider which earns web traffics through redirecting the infected users when they surf the web. So far, free software is major way that the FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO hijacker spreads. Lots of PC users downloads freeware from third party file sharing websites and often install then with typical install, which make the users skip checking the hidden options that contain unwanted programs such as FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO. Therefore, when installing software, we should always use the advanced installation method that can give us an opportunity to cancel the installation of unwanted programs or disallow some unwanted changes, then we can avoid invasion of virus like FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO.
As soon as FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO gains access to your PC, it will immediately change your default browser settings on Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer. In consequence, your default homepage and search engine will be set as FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO without seeking your approval. No matter how many times you reset your favorite pages back, FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO is able to make changes again to force you to access its domain, which only displays sponsors search results if you do searching on it, and these sponsor links will take you to spam sites. Furthermore, FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO helps more ad-supported apps invade your PC from remote server, then your PC will run with terrible performance and your privacy will be at risk. Therefore, you need to get rid of FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO virus as quickly as possible, so as to protect your PC and privacy. If you are having difficult time on FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO removal, the clear removal steps below can assist you to complete the task with ease, continue reading it now:
How to Manually Remove FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO from Windows OS? (Steps)
>> If you are a Mac OS user, please read the Mac guide: How to Manually Remove Virus & Malware From Mac OS?
( Remember to BOOKMARK this page because some operations in the removal process may quit this page)
Step 1 – Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Control Panel:
1. Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 10
- Click Start menu at bottom-left corner of your Win 10 screen:
- Select System :
- Select Apps & features, and then select FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO related apps or unwanted programs, then click Uninstall:
2. Get rid of suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 8
– Press the Windows Key to open Start Screen. If it does not comes out, then use this option:
- Win 8 User – Hover the cursor in the bottom-left corner of your win 8 screen and wait for the Start Screen appears, then click on the icon to toggle over to the Start Screen
- Win 8.1 User – Click on the Start icon in the lower left-hand corner to open the Start Screen.
– Select FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO related apps or unwanted programs, and then click on Uninstall:
Win7 & Vista
3. Remove suspicious and unwanted programs from Win7 & Vista
- Click Start button and select Control Panel:
- Select “Uninstall a program”
- Select FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO or related unsafe apps , and then click Uninstall
Step 2 – Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Web Browsers
Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
Start Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions:
Identify suspicious extensions related with FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO and click click trash icon to remove it:
Uninstall suspicious and unwanted extensions from Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox and click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and Click Add-ons :
Under Extensions tab: If you see unknown or suspicious add-ons listed, select it and click Remove:
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
Start IE: Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right corner and click Manage Add-ons
Under Toolbar and Extension tab: Select suspicious extensions and click Disable button
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Microsoft Edge
If you have enabled Extensions function on Edge, follow the steps here to delete suspicious and unwanted extensions:
Start Edge: Click the More (…) button ahe tog right corner and click Extensions:
Select the extensions you want to remove and click Uninstall
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Opera Browser
Start Opera Browser: Click Menu button at top left corner and select Extensions:
Select “All” list: Select suspicious and unwanted extensions and click the “X” button to uninstall it:
Step 3 – Delete harmful registry files related with FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO from Regedit Editor.
1. Press Windows key and R key at the same to launch “Run” window >> Input regedit and click OK to launch Registry Editor:
2. In Registry Editor: Select Edit button and click Find >> Then type the virus name and click Find Next:
3. Right-click on the malicious registry files you find and click Delete:
Step 4 (Optional) – Reset web browsers to remove malicoius items installed by FINDSEARCHRESULTS.INFO.
Reset Google Chrome
Start Chrome browser and click on (☰) icon at top right corner And select Settings:
Type “reset” into search box and click Reset button at the bottom:
Click RESET to confirm:
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox: click on (☰) icon at the upper right corner >> Click Help >> Click “Troubleshooting Information”
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button and click another “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box will appear on your screen.
Reset Internet Explorer
Start IE browser: Click gear icon at the upper right corner and select “Internet option”
Now click“Advanced” and click on “Reset” button.
Check out the “Delete personal settings” box and click on “Reset” button.
Reset Microsoft Edge
Start Microsoft Edge browser: Click More (…) icon on the top right corner and select Settings :
Click Clear browsing data button and then click Clear to confirm:
Start Opera browser: Now click Help menu and select About Opera:
Copy the Paths of Profile and Cache, and then open them one by one by pasting them into the Search Box of Start Menu:
Delete the two folders: Profile and Cache and your opera will be reset.
If the guide doesn’t help, scan entire infected PC with Spyhunter anti-malware and let it help you fix all problems.