Have you ever met the circumstance that you are in a hurry but your PC runs slowly? And have you ever come cross the blue screen of death which stops all your working? If so, you are mostly probably have threat such as HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a Inside. Sure, this is a Trojan. Nobody will welcome a Trojan inside their PCs, but this is always not his choice. It can sneak into the PCs in several ways.
Everyone has once downloaded and installed applications they like, and they will have knew that there always follows a package of files for this applications, which we call as functional files. So users will never remove them and doubt them. But to our knowledge, there packages will contain the virus and Trojans like HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a, especially when you get the freeware inside. Users would like to ignore this detail, and in this way they get things inside.
HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a will deeply affect your system, as well as your programs. It is good at selecting most useful information from the PC and then it can forfeit your identity to do harms. Besides, it will soon incapacitate your PC condition. Even you seek help from the professional technicians, they will blast the situation to you and ask you to change the whole system.
In fact, there is another way to get rid of the impact of HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a and we have compiled this guides in the below. It will remind you of everything you should pay attention on, so please check it.
How to Manually Remove HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Slisp.a”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: