Silver Sparrow Virus
Silver Sparrow Virus is a vicious application reported as PUP and Adware which uses installation files of free software to sneak into your computer. This threat can degenerate your PC’s comprehensive performance seriously by introducing other threats such as browser hijacker, spam popups and malware. As soon as sneaking on your PC, it will disguise as a legit process and hide in the background to damage your system gradually. If it cannot be removed completely in time, you will experience lots of problems in your PC.
For example, your will get lots of ads by Silver Sparrow Virus whenever you open websites or do search on Google; your homepage may be redirected to some dangerous websites; your PC’s operation become slower than before, it meets various system errors, BSOD becomes usual thing; and it allows remote access to compromise your computer by changing your PC system settings to mess up everything. Aside from harming the computer by infecting files, Silver Sparrow Virus also posses other characteristics that puts the system at risk. Existing infection can cause identity theft for its victims. This virus can log keystrokes and record online activities to steal user name, password, and other sensitive data from you. Before severe problems happen to your system, use the guide below to remove Silver Sparrow Virus now.
How to Manually Remove Silver Sparrow Virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Silver Sparrow Virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Silver Sparrow Virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Silver Sparrow Virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Silver Sparrow Virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with SpyHunter Mac Antimalware.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with SpyHunter .
SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections.
– Once SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is downloaded, double-click SpyHunter-1.2-15-7043-Installer.dmg to install it:
– Once SpyHunter is launched, please run a scan to diagnose entire Mac and remove all detected malware: