PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus
PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus is a adware application which will distribute unwanted ads with spam content. And the links here will redirect the web traffic and connect you to a dangerous world. When you open the links attached, you will open a site which is totally different from the content here. And the sites will automatically bring in some freeware or shareware. When you find strong icons on your window, you will know exotic programs are secretly working on your PC.
How does PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus make up its ads? It should first introduce its another feature and it could spy on your activities. Whatever you do could not escape from its eyes. It would detect what is your favorite topics and what do you want right now, and then make up the ads with these information and data. Therefore, you will be easily attracted by such ads.
As PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus is not a kind application, it makes no sense for you to keep it on your PC. If you want to remove it immediately, please follow the information here.
What will PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus do to damage the targeted computers?
- Your default homepage or search engine will be redirected to unwanted websites.
- Your system will run slowly and crash down randomly due to the infection.
- Lots of annoying ads caused by PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus will flood into every site you access.
- Your PC’ CPU always goes up high though you just run several programs.
- It causes harmful PC vulnerabilities to help more threats attack your PC.
- Crucial system files and registered keys will be corrupted randomly.
- It helps hackers to enter your PC and steal your personal privacy.
How to Manually Remove PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, PortalAgent Will Damage Your Computer Mac Virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with SpyHunter Mac Antimalware.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with SpyHunter .
SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections.
– Once SpyHunter Mac Antimalware is downloaded, double-click SpyHunter-1.2-15-7043-Installer.dmg to install it:
– Once SpyHunter is launched, please run a scan to diagnose entire Mac and remove all detected malware: