|Distribution Method||Spam email attached files, adware embedded in third party free software, hacked websites, , Rogue pop-up ads|
|Damage||System settings or web browser settings may be changed without permission;
Spam commercials ads come up when user get online;
More Adware may be installed without user’s knowledge;
Rogue websites pop up to redirect user’s Google search;
User’s private data may be collected .
|Solution||If your Mac is infected with ssss, then we recommend checking your whole system to find out and remove all possible malware infections. You can do this easily by using Combo Cleaner, a Professional Mac Anti-virus software capable of dealing with any latest Mac malware.
EssentialDesktop Mac Adware can be classified potentially unwanted program (PUP) and it would disguise as a system helper for PCs. However, it would not provide you extensive information about its discoveries. Moreover, it will scan PC quickly , which means its result is superficial and useless. If you decide to keep it, your desirable life will just begin.
EssentialDesktop Mac Adware is produced in recently. Its main target is for English market. And it knows the habits of English users. It knows how to steal your information, including your accounts, passwords, your ID , your phone number, even your signature, and so on. All they can be caught from your online activities.
What will EssentialDesktop Mac Adware use these information for? It is flexible. Some of them may be used to form a scam or fraud for your friends or your families, especially for your families which may have little experience in surfing internet and they will easily believe in everything online. Besides, these information could make up a fake debit cards which will be able to withdraw your money from banks directly. That is substantial financial lose.
If you have encountered EssentialDesktop Mac Adware on your PC, your system will be broken in a foreseeable future if you try to keep this on your PC. It is time to get rid of it, and please check the removal guides in the below and we believe it will help you a lot.
Troublesome activities caused by EssentialDesktop Mac Adware
- It keeps showing phony notifications to mislead you to install malware or buy spam services.
- It reroutes you to unsafe domain when you open a website or click a link.
- It drops more infections silently to further mess up your machine.
- It changes browser settings and crucial system settings without consent.
- It damages registry files to make your system filled with security bugs.
- It tracks your operations to steal information about you and provide to cyber criminal.
How to Manually Remove EssentialDesktop Mac Adware From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall EssentialDesktop Mac Adware related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on EssentialDesktop Mac Adware related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by EssentialDesktop Mac Adware or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, EssentialDesktop Mac Adware”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: