|Distribution Method||Spam email attached files, adware embedded in third party free software, hacked websites, , Rogue pop-up ads|
|Damage||System settings or web browser settings may be changed without permission;
Spam commercials ads come up when user get online;
More Adware may be installed without user’s knowledge;
Rogue websites pop up to redirect user’s Google search;
User’s private data may be collected .
|Solution||If your computer is infected with ssss, then we recommend checking your whole system to find out and remove all possible malware infections. You can do this easily by using SpyHunter Anti-Malware, a Professional computer protection software capable of dealing with any latest PC threats.|
my.seekweb.com can be considered as a browser hijacker which always appears to be a browser search engine. And when it shows up on your browser, you usually have no choice but try to get used of it because you cannot delete it efficiently. If you input the things you want to check in the box and click search, you will be directed to some fake results which will lead you to the suspicious websites. And you may get more malicious items on your PC.
Besides, my.seekweb.com could also control everything on your system, and of course it will turn off the browser self-owned protecting function. No matter what browsers you use, such as Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari, you could not stop it. And then, you should be under its control for long.
If you haven’t permitted this malicious items on your PC, how could it get inside? Actually, my.seekweb.com will not single and it is produced by adware. That is to say, if you see my.seekweb.com on your PC, there is definitely an aware here. And if you try hard to get rid of it from your PC and you finally success. You will be disappointed to find that there is another kinds of browser hijacker appearing. If you really want to eliminate my.seekweb.com, you should clean up your computer right now. And here are some removal guides. Please refer to them.
Troublesome activities caused by my.seekweb.com
- It keeps showing phony notifications to mislead you to install malware or buy spam services.
- It reroutes you to unsafe domain when you open a website or click a link.
- It drops more infections silently to further mess up your machine.
- It changes browser settings and crucial system settings without consent.
- It damages registry files to make your system filled with security bugs.
- It tracks your operations to steal information about you and provide to cyber criminal.
How to Manually Remove my.seekweb.com from Windows OS? (Steps)
>> If you are a Mac OS user, please read the Mac guide: How to Manually Remove Virus & Malware From Mac OS?
( Remember to BOOKMARK this page because some operations in the removal process may quit this page)
Step 1 – Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Control Panel:
1. Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 10
- Click Start menu at bottom-left corner of your Win 10 screen:
- Select System :
- Select Apps & features, and then select my.seekweb.com related apps or unwanted programs, then click Uninstall:
2. Get rid of suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 8
– Press the Windows Key to open Start Screen. If it does not comes out, then use this option:
- Win 8 User – Hover the cursor in the bottom-left corner of your win 8 screen and wait for the Start Screen appears, then click on the icon to toggle over to the Start Screen
- Win 8.1 User – Click on the Start icon in the lower left-hand corner to open the Start Screen.
– Select my.seekweb.com related apps or unwanted programs, and then click on Uninstall:
Win7 & Vista
3. Remove suspicious and unwanted programs from Win7 & Vista
- Click Start button and select Control Panel:
- Select “Uninstall a program”
- Select my.seekweb.com or related unsafe apps , and then click Uninstall
Step 2 – Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Web Browsers
Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
Start Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions:
Identify suspicious extensions related with my.seekweb.com and click click trash icon to remove it:
Uninstall suspicious and unwanted extensions from Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox and click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and Click Add-ons :
Under Extensions tab: If you see unknown or suspicious add-ons listed, select it and click Remove:
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
Start IE: Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right corner and click Manage Add-ons
Under Toolbar and Extension tab: Select suspicious extensions and click Disable button
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Microsoft Edge
If you have enabled Extensions function on Edge, follow the steps here to delete suspicious and unwanted extensions:
Start Edge: Click the More (…) button ahe tog right corner and click Extensions:
Select the extensions you want to remove and click Uninstall
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Opera Browser
Start Opera Browser: Click Menu button at top left corner and select Extensions:
Select “All” list: Select suspicious and unwanted extensions and click the “X” button to uninstall it:
Step 3 – Delete harmful registry files related with my.seekweb.com from Regedit Editor.
1. Press Windows key and R key at the same to launch “Run” window >> Input regedit and click OK to launch Registry Editor:
2. In Registry Editor: Select Edit button and click Find >> Then type the virus name and click Find Next:
3. Right-click on the malicious registry files you find and click Delete:
Step 4 (Optional) – Reset web browsers to remove malicoius items installed by my.seekweb.com.
Reset Google Chrome
Start Chrome browser and click on (☰) icon at top right corner And select Settings:
Type “reset” into search box and click Reset button at the bottom:
Click RESET to confirm:
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox: click on (☰) icon at the upper right corner >> Click Help >> Click “Troubleshooting Information”
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button and click another “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box will appear on your screen.
Reset Internet Explorer
Start IE browser: Click gear icon at the upper right corner and select “Internet option”
Now click“Advanced” and click on “Reset” button.
Check out the “Delete personal settings” box and click on “Reset” button.
Reset Microsoft Edge
Start Microsoft Edge browser: Click More (…) icon on the top right corner and select Settings :
Click Clear browsing data button and then click Clear to confirm:
Start Opera browser: Now click Help menu and select About Opera:
Copy the Paths of Profile and Cache, and then open them one by one by pasting them into the Search Box of Start Menu:
Delete the two folders: Profile and Cache and your opera will be reset.
If the guide doesn’t help, scan entire infected PC with Spyhunter anti-malware and let it help you fix all problems.