What is OriginalGrowthSystem?
OriginalGrowthSystem is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), and it could display unwnated ads on your PC. It could recommend you the best deals here for the productions you like. Or it will send you the coupons and discount for the latest styles. In order to know this item well, our team has tested in in our lab, and the result turns out to be terrible.
How does OriginalGrowthSystem do harms to your PC?
OriginalGrowthSystem will send you thousands of coupons and discounts in the forms of banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text ads, video ads, sound ads, interstitial ads, etc.. And when you click on those, you are linked to the porn websites, fishing websites or download the freeware. If you are sensitive enough to find out what it is doing and want to close the window, you will be directly brought virus because it could be activated only if you click on some parts of it. It is very malicious.
What is the harmful effects of OriginalGrowthSystem?
And then, we do more search about this adware, and we are surprised to find that it has close relationship with dark websites and dangerous items, including freeware, shareware, browser hijacker, or virus. That is to say, it will do whatever it could do to open the backdoor for them. So if you want keep off all of them, you should follow the removal guides here and kick OriginalGrowthSystem out as soon as possible. This guide also help you remove other adware like PROMANAGER RECORD.
How to Manually Remove OriginalGrowthSystem From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall OriginalGrowthSystem related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on OriginalGrowthSystem related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by OriginalGrowthSystem or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, OriginalGrowthSystem”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: