Research on PROMANAGER RECORD Virus
PROMANAGER RECORD is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and it can distribute numerous ads on your screen and nothing can block them once it infected your computer. As a dangerous adware, PROMANAGER RECORD can also change the settings of your browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and even Safari, and you could not escape from it from then on.
It is an ad-supported application, of course its first step is to make ads possible to infect every corner of your PC. So it will alter all your settings blocking ads, and enable ads on your browsers or your programs.
PROMANAGER RECORD generally was brought in by the attachment of spam email, porn sites, or fake updated links. And as these things are normally from unknown identity, it is possible for users to mishandle and bring it it. For instance, when there is an email arrived, you would not delete it immediately, while when you turn to it and open its attachment, the installment of adware is triggered and you don’t know what is going on in this moment, but PROMANAGER RECORD begins to get inside.
Users will accidently bring in PROMANAGER RECORD in the ordinary practices, while when they decide to remove it, it is another story. PROMANAGER RECORD generally contains complicated rookits and it will make itself hard to be deleted. When you are going to delete it, you will be sad to find that you could not even find it out. To avoid this awkward situation, we provide you with simple guide for remove PROMANAGER RECORD and other adware like QuicklookPI.
What will PROMANAGER RECORD do to damage the computer?
- It makes everything slowly and all your programs will be difficult to respond normally.
- It causes terrible online surfing experience with nasty ads.
- It pops up phony messages to swindle you into buying scam products.
- It uses harmful files to replace your system files to cause security vulnerabilities.
- It establishes connection with remote server to download more severe threats.
- It works with remote hacker to steal your accounts and get your privacy and money.
How to Manually Remove PROMANAGER RECORD From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall PROMANAGER RECORD related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on PROMANAGER RECORD related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by PROMANAGER RECORD or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, PROMANAGER RECORD”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: