Research on Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware
Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware is a new Adware infection breaks out recently. Users of Edge, Chrome, Firefox and IE all got hit by this virus somehow, from our research, we confirm that Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware malware is mainly packed in third party freeware installer. Most of victims downloaded a free software or software update from file sharing websites and installed it with the provided installer, then they started to encounter tons of commercial ads by Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware when open websites.
Besides the commercial ads, Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware can also promote some deceptive popup pages to scam you. For example, it generates a spam software update popup to cheat you to update your Chrome or other software on unsafe website, which actually will install hijacker and rogueware instead of the so-called update. Besides, it will redirect you to fake virus alert pages reported threats and asking you to call toll free hotline to get virus removal service. These bogus messages are used to help virus maker get your money, so you should not trust anything related with Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware.
There are some worse problems come to you if you do not get rid of Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware malware, because it can used as a source for spreading all kinds of infections. Once your Internet is connected, a tunnel between your browser and remote server will be established by Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware, thus other viruses such as trojan, spyware, ransomware and hijacker will all have chance to infiltrate your system silently. That will be a disaster to you since these threats not only degrade system performance, but also put your personal files and private information in danger. Before Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware makes more troubles, you need to uninstall Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware and all connected malware as quickly as possible. Should you failed to remove the threats on your own, execute the Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware removal steps below:
How to Manually Remove Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Accessible Search Engine Mac Adware”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: