Fire Seerch is a third party search engine domain you should no trust. In this week, it has infected Internet browsers such as Safari, Edge. Chrome, Firefox, Opera and Internet Explorer. Fire Seerch is used to forcedly leads you to its site which disguises as a useful and legitimate search engine. In such as way Fire Seerch can increase web traffic and benefit its partners. From research, we find that most of people who visit this website have no idea why they would be here, since they were just search things via Google, Yahoo or just the read Bing and then got redirected to Fire Seerch. This suspicious domain makes change on users browser settings and other system settings, completely take over homepage and search engine with Fire Seerch. Some victims who have less knowledge about PC were even confused and took this virus as a legit search engine, since the developer of this website do a good job on dressing up its webpage interface, on which the visitors will see a professional-looking interface with a plausible search box and colorful icon, which will lessen or even eliminate their doubt on this website. But the website is never what appears to be, its evil nature behind appearance will cause big trouble to your system.
As soon as sneaks into your system, it will first execute malicious codes to alter your browser’s default setting and take over the browser completely. Thus when you try to use your Google Search to search some information, you would find that Fire Seerch has replaced your Google Search, and this fake search engine will always give you the unrelated results, which only reroute you to some unwanted ads-pushing websites. The worst part is that, some other viruses related to the Fire Seerch redirect virus may lurk into your system and facilitate the hacker to collect your confidential information such as banking account and password, completely invading your privacy, putting your personal property into a dangerous situation.
How to Manually Remove Fire Seerch From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Fire Seerch related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Fire Seerch related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Fire Seerch or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Fire Seerch”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: