fireseerch.com is an rogue search engine that makes changes on settings of Safari, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or IE without notifying the users. As soon as getting inside your computer, fireseerch.com takes over your web browser to force you to visit its website. Whenever you open homepage, use Google, or open new website, you will be rerouted to fireseerch.com , even though you have reset all settings manually. This is the tricky way that browser hijacker increase web traffic and helps its developer and partners make money, it will provide you with ad-supported results when you compromise and use it to search anything. You should keep in mind that never use any unknown search provider like fireseerch.com that replaces your Google or Bing without permission, because it will redirect you to spam websites and phishing websites not only steal your information, but also make you lose money.
What’s worse, fireseerch.com hijacker communicates with remote server to install adware and spyware on your system, then you will suffer from severe security issues. Ad-supported extensions will be added on your web browser silently, causing endless interruptions from tons of banner ads, text ads and popup ads. Moreover, spyware downloaded by fireseerch.com track your activities to steal your system data and your sensitive information, the their developers can use your information to implement online fraud. All in all, fireseerch.com and related viruses not only cause terrible system performance, but also make you sustain identity theft and financial loss, you need to get rid of them immediately.
How to Manually Remove fireseerch.com From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall fireseerch.com related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on fireseerch.com related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by fireseerch.com or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, fireseerch.com ”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: