What Is WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus?
WebResultsService is a adware-type browser extension /add-on created to infect common web browsers such as Safari, Chrome, and Firefox. Our PC security lab received many reports complaining that WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus was installed without permission and cannot be deleted from web browser. After a deep research, we find that WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus is distributed secretly with help of third party installer. When you download a freeware like media player, its installer will install several bundled applications such as WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus without your knowledge. If you do not use Custom Installation and check every details in the process, it’s difficult to avoid such adware because the options for deselecting them are usually present in small letter with gray color, which is almost impossible to notice.
As soon as being installed, WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus hinders your attempt for removing it from your browser. It is automatically enabled and the option for disable or delete does not usable. You can see a message below the extension saying ” This extension is managed and cannot be removed or disabled “, which is written by the adware itself to cheat you. Rooting on your browser, WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus will disturb you whenever you surf the web. It is used to display commercial third-party advertisements for creating revenue to its partners. You will see lots of annoying and irritating ads in forms of coupons, popups, banners and text almost on every website you access. Some of the WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus ads seem to save your money when you shop online, but in fact they are not reliable because they may redirect you to third party websites run by scammers. Moreover, some ads by WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus may trigger download of more infections. Therefore, we advocate for removing ASAP for good.
Furthermore, WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus can be made used by cyber criminal for collecting personal information. Adware usually contains codes used to track users’ online activities, so when WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus is injected on your browser, your IP address, your search query, your most viewed websites and even your accounts details stored on browser are all at risk. Once your sensitve information is collected by unknown third party, you may suffer from big financial loss because cyber criminal can use your info to design scams and do other illegal things. Before the situation gets worse, take action to delete WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus completely now.
How to Manually Remove WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, WebResultsService is controlling this setting Virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: