What is “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning?
“Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning is another fake Microsoft tech support website created to help cyber criminal scam Windows users. It is designed to infect Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and other kinds of web browsers to generate spam popups that displays bogus alerts about system error or infections, which swindle users into calling a spam tech hotline. This “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning virus usually sneaks into your system along with freeware bundles. As we know, most of PUP, Adware or other infections are packed on free software, in case you download freeware from third party file-sharing websites, thus “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning and other viruses can get into your system easily. Once loaded, it keeps popping up and locking your web browser every time you open web browser. In consequence, you will not be able to surf the web normally any more due this fake Windows error alert.
|Similar Threats||“Your Mac is infected” Safari Scam Pop-up|
|Distribution Method||Spam email attached files, adware embedded in third party free software, hacked websites, , Rogue pop-up ads|
|Damage||System settings or web browser settings may be changed without permission;
Spam commercials ads come up when user get online;
More Adware may be installed without user’s knowledge;
Rogue websites pop up to redirect user’s Google search;
User’s private data may be collected .
|Solution||If your Mac is infected with “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning, then we recommend checking your whole system to find out and remove all possible malware infections. You can do this easily by using Combo Cleaner, a Professional Mac Anti-virus software capable of dealing with any latest Mac malware.
If you are taken in and try to get your PC fixed with the tech service through its toll-free, more severe security issues will happen to you and your PC. From research, we find that “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning is hosted by scam tech company that attempts to remote access your PC and swindle you into buying their expensive tech service usually costs $200-$400 on time. The scammer has skills to make you trust what they say because they can provide detailed information of your system, and they attempt to convince you to let them remotely connect your PC. If you permit it, they invade your PC to install rogueware that charge a lot of money, and they even may lock your system to force you pay more. Therefore, you should never trust the alert from “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning, what you should do is to check your system and remove all the malware related with the threat as quickly as possible. The earlier you delete “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning, the less risk you will endure. Follow the removal guide below to eliminate the microsoftsystem.info virus and safeguard your PC now.
How to Manually Remove “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, “Your MAC has been blocked due to suspicious activity!” FAKE Warning”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: