What is HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a?
HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a is a trojan that brings dangers and damages to computer. Like various trojans, it goes into your PC to control everything of your PC without reasons so it could make an advantage for itself. In kind, it will secure virus or other kind of dangerous things to your system. You should right away discover approached to dispose of it.
At the point when HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a gets inside your PC, it begins to screen your practices and offer ascent to system bug and escape clause so that it could take more risks to get virus inside. And after that, it will constantly affect your PC running and cause blue screen of death even though you have paired enough considerations. That is the reason why it is irritating as well as hazardous.
Regardless of the way that users know HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a is not a protected thing, they don’t have the thought regarding what dangerous effects brought on by it, so they couldn’t successfully get it off. Generally, virus is one of the effects, and it runs with trojan appearing on your PC. Furthermore, trojan can likewise create virus and adware. What’s more, it could in like manner get the personal information from your PC, for instance, your records, passwords, your ID , your telephone number, and even your mark. These information could help it to get more benefits.
It is not keen to keep HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a on your PC since you can’t control these things. So please remove it from your PC.
How to Manually Remove HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.OSX.Shlayer.a”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: