Research on search.inetmethod.com Virus
When you find that search.inetmethod.com appears on your browsers, your browsers must be hijacked. The obvious feature is that your homepage and default search engine are replaced by search.inetmethod.com and you could not just have the original one back by changing the settings. That is to say, search.inetmethod.com is the one we call browser hijackers, and it is compatible to the most utilized browsers, including microsoft edge, google chrome, internet explorer, mozilla firefox and even safari.
search.inetmethod.com could also make the ads by adware possible on your screen, and let them even replace the searching results. In this way, it could make the links changed frequently. As a result, you may either bring in numerous freeware on your pc or you will have make ways for the virus and malware.
search.inetmethod.com could screen all your online activities, as it controls the whole condition of your browsers. For instance, when you are shopping online, it could get your accounts and password and then steal your money; when you are chatting with your friends, it could get their information and data, and then it takes change to cheat your friends in your name; even when you are update your images or contact list on the cloud, it will cope it and them do more frauds with them.
Obviously, it is not a safe choice to keep search.inetmethod.com on your pc. If you want to delete it right now, please check the guides here.
What will search.inetmethod.com do to damage the computer?
- It makes everything slowly and all your programs will be difficult to respond normally.
- It causes terrible online surfing experience with nasty ads.
- It pops up phony messages to swindle you into buying scam products.
- It uses harmful files to replace your system files to cause security vulnerabilities.
- It establishes connection with remote server to download more severe threats.
- It works with remote hacker to steal your accounts and get your privacy and money.
How to Manually Remove search.inetmethod.com From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall search.inetmethod.com related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on search.inetmethod.com related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by search.inetmethod.com or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, search.inetmethod.com”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: