About OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus
OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus is a potentially unwanted program (PUP). As you know, this item is very harmful not only to your computer system itself but also to the users. Even though it will sometimes claim to help you, but this is just a lie to cheat your trust. If you don’t want to be one of the victims of it, you should consider to remove it as soon as possible.
How does OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus achieve so many scams? It is all because of its malicious ads, and you should never underestimate this thing. They commit the scams step by step. For example, when you are looking for some items online and input the key words here, you would not only be turn to the results page, as well as you will receive thousands of ads titled with these words. There are sure that some will attract you. But no matter which one is related to the money or to the new types, they are just lies. If you click on them, you are connecting the sites you don’t intend to visit. At that moment, even you quickly close the windows, you have been already infected with OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus
So you should definitely remove OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus right now. Or you will suffer more under such circumstance. Here we would provide you with some instructions to this situation, and you could follow to get rid of the control from OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus. Besides, we also recommend you never click on the suspicious ads popping up on your PC from them on.
How to Manually Remove OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, OperativeBitUnit Mac Virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: