Research on ExtendedField App Virus
ExtendedField App Virus is not an app which will serve as an assistance when you are surfing the web. It will show up as browser plug-ins, banners, extension, and add-ons so that no one can recognize it. Besides, if you open your browsers, ExtendedField App Virus will surge your PC with numerous ads. So we generally call it as an adware. And we don’t recommend you to keep it on your browsers and it carries on these ads for money
If the sole objective of ExtendedField App Virus is only for money, how would it harm your PC? Really, in some cases it doesn’t intend to do damage to your PC, however it is auxiliary impacts; yet hurting PC is an step for it to gain profit. In the first place, the goal of ExtendedField App Virus is to pick up benefits from the supported sites and freeware. What’s more, it will apply every attempts to do so. For instance, it will show various promotions in the types of banner ads, pop-up ads, in-text ads, video ads, sound ads, etc. and when you are enticed to open it, you are diverted to visit suspicious sites or download the freeware. And then, when these things have cumulated to a sure sum, your PC smashed.
We could easily conclude that you ought to maintain a strategic distance from ExtendedField App Virus to protect your PC. If you have no idea how to get away from it, please refer to the removal guides here.
What are the problems caused by ExtendedField App Virus?
- It keeps sending endless annoying ads to the websites you open.
- It may help hijacker to block your access to your default homepage and search engine.
- It mess up your system to severely weakens your computer’ security.
- It generates backdoor to facilitate remote attack
- It communicate with malware server to install malware in the background. (e.g. LeadingSearchService Chrome Virus)
- It put your privacy at risk and help hacker steal your sensitive information.
How to Manually Remove ExtendedField App Virus From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall ExtendedField App Virus related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on ExtendedField App Virus related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by ExtendedField App Virus or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, ExtendedField App Virus”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: