Research on TopPDFConverterSearch Virus
TopPDFConverterSearch is a browser hijacker. And it is brought by malware such as adware or spyware which normally mask themselves as browser plug-ins, banners, extension, and add-ons. So they are capable of delivering browser hijackers at any time when they detect an opportunity.
TopPDFConverterSearch can be a tool by hackers who are going to control your online behaviors. Under such circumstance, it is like a controlling end put by hackers, and the other end normally is on the hand of hackers. When they release the order to TopPDFConverterSearch to control the browsers and allow the suspicious sites opened, the browser settings will be changed as its order. Therefore, your browsing behaviors become more dangerous than you expected.
Besides, TopPDFConverterSearch has its own ability which is to make change sites address from the input one, and to lead users to the some commercial sites or some hostile sites. And they will be not only irritating, but also will have bad influence. Image that, you have meeting with your boss and your customers, and you want to show some projects online. When you input the sites address but it is redirected to some porn sites, how awkward will you be! And you will leave bad impression to them with no doubt.
To avoid the bad impact of TopPDFConverterSearch, you should not hesitate to uproot it. Since the removal job may be not that easy, our team designs some useful guides for your reference.
1. It changes browser settings and DNS settings to redirect you to unwanted websites.
2. It download Adware which harasses you with annoying ads nowhere.
3. It may be able to track your browsing traces and interests to collect your information.
4. It may help cyber criminal steal your sensitive information such as banking accounts.
5. It can strikingly slow down system speed.
6. It will corrupt system files make your computer crash down.
How to Manually Remove TopPDFConverterSearch from Windows OS? (Steps)
>> If you are a Mac OS user, please read the Mac guide: How to Manually Remove Virus & Malware From Mac OS?
( Remember to BOOKMARK this page because some operations in the removal process may quit this page)
Step 1 – Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Control Panel:
1. Uninstall suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 10
- Click Start menu at bottom-left corner of your Win 10 screen:
- Select System :
- Select Apps & features, and then select TopPDFConverterSearch related apps or unwanted programs, then click Uninstall:
2. Get rid of suspicious and unwanted programs from Windows 8
– Press the Windows Key to open Start Screen. If it does not comes out, then use this option:
- Win 8 User – Hover the cursor in the bottom-left corner of your win 8 screen and wait for the Start Screen appears, then click on the icon to toggle over to the Start Screen
- Win 8.1 User – Click on the Start icon in the lower left-hand corner to open the Start Screen.
– Select TopPDFConverterSearch related apps or unwanted programs, and then click on Uninstall:
Win7 & Vista
3. Remove suspicious and unwanted programs from Win7 & Vista
- Click Start button and select Control Panel:
- Select “Uninstall a program”
- Select TopPDFConverterSearch or related unsafe apps , and then click Uninstall
Step 2 – Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Web Browsers
Delete suspicious and unwanted extensions from Google Chrome
Start Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions:
Identify suspicious extensions related with TopPDFConverterSearch and click click trash icon to remove it:
Uninstall suspicious and unwanted extensions from Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox and click the 3 parallel lines icon at the top right corner and Click Add-ons :
Under Extensions tab: If you see unknown or suspicious add-ons listed, select it and click Remove:
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Internet Explorer
Start IE: Click on the cogwheel icon at the top right corner and click Manage Add-ons
Under Toolbar and Extension tab: Select suspicious extensions and click Disable button
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Microsoft Edge
If you have enabled Extensions function on Edge, follow the steps here to delete suspicious and unwanted extensions:
Start Edge: Click the More (…) button ahe tog right corner and click Extensions:
Select the extensions you want to remove and click Uninstall
Remove suspicious and unwanted extensions from Opera Browser
Start Opera Browser: Click Menu button at top left corner and select Extensions:
Select “All” list: Select suspicious and unwanted extensions and click the “X” button to uninstall it:
Step 3 – Delete harmful registry files related with TopPDFConverterSearch from Regedit Editor.
1. Press Windows key and R key at the same to launch “Run” window >> Input regedit and click OK to launch Registry Editor:
2. In Registry Editor: Select Edit button and click Find >> Then type the virus name and click Find Next:
3. Right-click on the malicious registry files you find and click Delete:
Step 4 (Optional) – Reset web browsers to remove malicoius items installed by TopPDFConverterSearch.
Reset Google Chrome
Start Chrome browser and click on (☰) icon at top right corner And select Settings:
Type “reset” into search box and click Reset button at the bottom:
Click RESET to confirm:
Reset Mozilla Firefox
Start Firefox: click on (☰) icon at the upper right corner >> Click Help >> Click “Troubleshooting Information”
Click the “Refresh Firefox” button and click another “Refresh Firefox” button when dialog box will appear on your screen.
Reset Internet Explorer
Start IE browser: Click gear icon at the upper right corner and select “Internet option”
Now click“Advanced” and click on “Reset” button.
Check out the “Delete personal settings” box and click on “Reset” button.
Reset Microsoft Edge
Start Microsoft Edge browser: Click More (…) icon on the top right corner and select Settings :
Click Clear browsing data button and then click Clear to confirm:
Start Opera browser: Now click Help menu and select About Opera:
Copy the Paths of Profile and Cache, and then open them one by one by pasting them into the Search Box of Start Menu:
Delete the two folders: Profile and Cache and your opera will be reset.
If the guide doesn’t help, scan entire infected PC with Spyhunter anti-malware and let it help you fix all problems.