MacRunnerDaemon have become big problem to computer users in the past week. Plenty of PC users reported that their web browsers including Firefox, Chrome, Safari or Opera were infected by malware and there were a lot of ads coming up on many websites they visited. Victims did not know where these ads came from and cannot find out its program to delete it. Most of users tried to uninstall programs and delete extensions and also use tools like MalwareBytes to remove threats, but all failed and the annoying MacRunnerDaemon are still harassing them.
Our tech team have confirmed that MacRunnerDaemon are all generated by adware program and untrustworthy programs that have been installed without your knowledge.
If you are bombarded by MacRunnerDaemon online, you need to check your PC and remove all adware related with MacRunnerDaemon all as soon as possible. These advertising-supported applications associated with MacRunnerDaemon not only connects remote server to transfer tons of commercial ads and popups, but also slow down Internet and system running a lot. The worse thing is that, MacRunnerDaemon provide malicious links containing spyware, that means it can collect your sensitive information when you click those ads. To make sure that your PC and privacy is safe, you need to remove malware connected with MacRunnerDaemon as quickly as possible, in order to avoid more serious corruptions to your PC.
How to Manually Remove MacRunnerDaemon From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall MacRunnerDaemon related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on MacRunnerDaemon related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by MacRunnerDaemon or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, MacRunnerDaemon”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: