Research on ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension Virus
ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension is PUP and adware which will surge your screen with beguiling and false advertisements, which could backs off the velocity of your PC operation. Much appalling, it will steal each one of your records and data from your PC.
Later, ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension will have gathered loads of your PC data, and in like way it causes some harming issues to your PC without your notification. In this way, ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension is moreover a program hijacker which will keep an eye on your activities and change your searching result. When you brought in this application, you put your PC under the control of adware.
Some of users may take it easy and think that ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension doesn’t have any sort of impact in the event that it exits in your PC since you will never put it being utilized. However, the outcomes may be not as satisfied as you expected, for it is consequently running not required any endorsement and it will run itself freely. For example, when you begin operating your PC, ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension starts working and it needn’t start any startup step. The most discernibly terrible part is that it will continue abusing your records and even your accounts on the web.
Since ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension is made by master IT authority, users without enough PC data are difficult to clear it. The followings are useful guides to help you.
ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension Virus Harmful Properties:
1. It can enter your computer without any permission and without your knowledge.
2. It redirects you to malicious websites that contain more malware or viruses.
3. It offers nasty commercial ads which make you lose lots of money
4. It may get your system infected with others dangerous threats.
5. It can poor the computer performance and broke the system randomly.
6. It is able to collect crucial information about you and share them with cyber criminal
How to Manually Remove ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, ProManagerRecord Chrome Extension”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: