Extendedbalance Chrome Extension
Extendedbalance Chrome Extension is a potentially unwanted program (PUP) and it will brother you with popups and ads. And it gets name of adware which means an ad-supported malware. Although ads may not be a noxious item, but too many them will cause troubles, let alone some of which are scams which can cheat you out of money.
How does scam happen for such a trinket? Extendedbalance Chrome Extension is able to display numerous forms of ads, and pop-up ads are one of them, which always serves as a scam for adware. In this situation, it will send popup windows on your screen and warn you of some issues on your PC. And Extendedbalance Chrome Extension will remind you that this issue is enough to destroy your PC and it could provide you some help. When you follow its advice, you will lose your identity and your privacy information but it will steal all your money.
Generally, Extendedbalance Chrome Extension comes from spam emails, porn websites, or fake links. These items are so common that you could not imagine what really happen undergoing. For example, when you are downloading some freeware, you will get a package of applications. And when you open this package and try to install the application you want, it will bring more redundant software for you even you didn’t permit it.
In this case, you could fully understand that Extendedbalance Chrome Extension is not safe any more and you should get rid of it. Please refer to the the removal guides here.
How to Manually Remove Extendedbalance Chrome Extension From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall Extendedbalance Chrome Extension related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on Extendedbalance Chrome Extension related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by Extendedbalance Chrome Extension or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, Extendedbalance Chrome Extension”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: