OriginalSearchTech is an adware will degrade system performance and install more PUP to bother you with a great numbers of ads. And these ads will lead you to visit sites of unlimited damage or bring you with many malwares.
But these ads may just be annoying, the another functions of OriginalSearchTech may be dangerous not only for yourself, but for your friends and family. It is able to steal your information, including your accounts, passwords, your ID, your phone number, and even your signature, and it can also steal the information of your friends or family through your chatting records. For example, when you are chatting with your friends, it gets your account and passwords and then the register information of your friends. These information is used by lawbreakers who pretend to be the owners and send message to their friends. It may contain scam about you need money urgently and ask them to send you some money. And these message will send to all friends even your familiars, teachers, bosses. And they will take this money for you. When you find out what happened. It disappears and cannot be chased any longer.
To avoid these scam, it is better for you to get rid of OriginalSearchTech from your computer. Here are important guides and please refer to it.
1. It changes browser settings and DNS settings to redirect you to unwanted websites.
2. It download Adware which harasses you with annoying ads nowhere.
3. It may be able to track your browsing traces and interests to collect your information.
4. It may help cyber criminal steal your sensitive information such as banking accounts.
5. It can strikingly slow down system speed.
6. It will corrupt system files make your computer crash down.
How to Manually Remove OriginalSearchTech From Mac OSX? (Steps)
Step 1 Uninstall OriginalSearchTech related apps or potentially unwanted apps from Mac OSX
- In Finder window, clicking “Applications” in the sidebar
- In the applications folder, right-click on OriginalSearchTech related apps or other suspicious apps and click Move to Trash.
Step 2 – Remove malicious files generated by OriginalSearchTech or related malware from your Mac
1. Click the Finder icon from the menu bar >> choose “Go” then click on “Go to Folder“:
2. In the Go to Folder… bar, type the name of the following four folders to open them one by one:
3. In each folder, search for any recently-added suspicious files and move them to the Trash. Here are some examples of files generated by malware:
“installmac.AppRemoval.plist”, OriginalSearchTech ”, “com.genieo.completer.download.plist” “com.genieoinnovation.macextension.plist” “com.genieo.engine.plist” “com.adobe.fpsaud.plist” , “myppes.download.plist”, “mykotlerino.ltvbit.plist”,
Step 3 – Find and remove malicious extensions and browser hijacker from Safari and Chrome.
1. Start Safari: Select Safari menu and click Preferences:
2. Select Extensions tab>> Look for the unsafe or suspicious extensions and click Uninstall:
3. Select Search tab >> click the Search Engine menu and make your choice. Safari lets you use Google, Yahoo, Bing, or DuckDuckGo.
4. Select the General tab >> In the Homepage bar, type the URL you want to set as the Safari homepage.
On Google Chrome
1. Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon at the top right corner >> Select More Tools and click Extensions;
2. Search for suspicious extensions and click trash icon to remove it:
3. Reset default search engine on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings
- Scroll down until you locate the Search engine section
- Click the drop-down menu accompanying the option labeled Search engine used in the address bar
- Select Google, Bing or Yahoo! as your default search engine.
4. Reset homepage on Chrome:
- Open Google Chrome and click the “Customize and control Google Chrome” icon >> Select Settings;
- In the “On Startup” section, click the “Set pages” link near to the “Open a specific page or set of pages” option.
- Remove the URL of the browser hijacker (for example SearchMine.net) and enter your preferred URL (for example, google.com).
Step 4 – Re-check your Mac with Combo Clean Antivirus.
To be sure that your Mac is not infected at all, it’s recommended to run a full scan with Combo Cleaner Antivirus.
Combo Cleaner Antivirus is a professional Mac Antivirus and Mac OSX Optimization Tool for users. It is equipped with powerful detection engine against virus, malware, and adware. Thus it is able to protect your machine from the latest out-breaking threats and infections. Moreover, its Disk Cleaner can detect and clean up all junks and always keep your Mac’s performance at the peak.
Once Combo Cleaner is installed, run a scan to diagnose your Mac and solve all problems: